Have you ever spilt water inside a walk-in freezer? You’ll notice, very quickly, that the water will turn into ice! The first thing you should do if you happen to spill liquids inside a walk-in freezer is to mop it up or wipe it off quickly. Allowing the spills to form ice can create a dangerous working environment for everyone that comes into the walk-in unit. However, if your spills do turn into ice, experts at Fantastic Services (a company that provides professional cleaning services) say you should immediately take the following steps:
- Dip a clean piece of cloth in hot, soapy water (using dishwashing soap)
- Wipe down the ice patches with the hot, wet cloth
- Once the ice patches start to melt, you’ll be able to break off the pieces, or wipe them off
- After the ice pieces come off, throw them away into the sink
- Use a web cloth to wipe down the rest of the spills
- Last but not least, use a dry cloth to wipe off any remaining moisture
If the liquid you have spilt is more than just water and it has stained the floor or the walls of your walk-in freezer, you’ll have to use a non-toxic cleaning solution such as white vinegar mixed with hot water, or baking soda mixed with hot, soapy water, in order to clean up the spill. Please do not use bleach as a cleaning solution for your walk-in freezer. Solutions that contain bleach often take longer to dry and bleach contains corrosive chemicals that can affect the safety of foods.
At Coolmate Rentals, we specialize in providing businesses in Toronto and surrounding areas with rental mobile coolers, freezers, and combo cooler and freezer units that range from 6’ to 16’ in size. Our fleet of cooler freezer units are perfect for businesses looking for refrigeration rentals on a temporary basis. While spring still feels like it’s far away, we are in fact just two months away from Easter! Make sure you reach out to Coolmate Rentals today to book a trailer for your business, and secure your preferred dates for the spring.